Connor Son, RMT, ART, FST
I’M A LIFE AND FITNESS ENTHUSIAST WITH A HIGH LEVEL MANUAL SKILL SET AND STRONG COMMITMENT FOR HELPING FELLOW ATHLETES. FROM FITNESS CLUBS TO THE CROSSFIT GYM TO GYMNASTICS FLOORS TO YOGA STUDIOS, I NEVER STOP LEARNING AND GROWING - AND NEVER WILL!
Driven by my passion for fitness and health and using my extensive knowledge as a certified personal trainer, Registered Massage Therapist and a Fascial Stretch Therapist, I created Super Muscle TherapyTM, a unique and effective massage therapy treatment that you won’t find anywhere else.
Living and breathing personal fitness, I combine my understanding of body mechanics and strength training with a positive, motivational outlook in my Registered Massage Therapy practice. I use a variety of techniques to formulate the most effective treatment, specializing in deep tissue, active release technique, sports massage, structural integration, and fascial stretch therapy. My intuitive perspective enables me to provide the best treatment approach to help my clients reach their personal health and fitness goals. I aspire to be a positive role model to my clients, fellow athletes, and others with my commitment, positivity, and healthy lifestyle.
I focus on treating athletes such as crossfitters, bodybuilders, and runners - the people who often require deeper tissue therapy, and who appreciate a cut-to-the-chase approach because of their intense training regimen and the nature of their competitive sports. I also welcome all levels of athletes and others who seek a healthier life. With my extensive fitness background, your therapeutic massage therapy needs are in good, strong hands!
I believe in not only talking the talking, but also walking the walk, and I am confident that when you experience a Super Muscle session with me, you will quickly notice that my treatment style is different from and more effective than those you will find with other massage therapists. I take the time and a whole-body approach to understand your unique needs as an athlete, which is crucial to me helping you reach your optimal physical condition.
Background and expertise
- Graduate, Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy in Toronto, Ontario
- Certified Personal trainer and Certified Fascial Stretch Therapist devoted to helping clients achieve their fitness goals and improve their lifestyles.
- 2016 Olympic Game Trials: Sports Massage Therapist for Richmond Rapid Men's National Swim Team
- 2016, 2017 Burnaby Lake Rugby Club: Sports massage therapist - http://www.burnabylakerugby.com/therapists/
Connor's Certifications & Successes
- Registered Massage Therapy Diploma – CCMH Toronto
- Adaptive Bodywork Structural Integration Unit 1
- Active Release Technique - Upper extremity
- Fascial Stretch Therapy Level 1
- Active Release Technique - Upper Extremity
- Advanced Kinesio taping
- Dean Somerset & Tony Gentilcore - Complete shoulder and hip blueprint
- Mike Reinold & Eric Cressey – Optimal shoulder performance
- Mike Reinold – IASTM technique & functional cupping
- Chad Cook – Evidence-Based Treatment of the Thoracic Spine
- Jacqueline Shakar – Treating Movement Dysfunction through Functional Testing, Graston Technique and Adjuntive Therapies
- GMB fitness Foundation – Focused Flexibility
- Canfit pro personal training certification
- NCCPT personal training certification